Thursday, January 10, 2008

Our Daily Walk Home - Often 3 times a Day

I have talked about our last, fitfull climb to our apartment. I thought I might give you a graphic progression of that climb. We come up off the main street, that has just crossed over the Rio Cuale River. From there we begin the assent. While I am sure I am exaggerating, it appears to be 25-30 degrees all the way to the top.

We start with this long, slow gradual climb



Then we turn a corner for a brief climb,



Before we repeat another long slow climb



Then we cross over the street and head up a narrow, overgrown path, pass the dog.



The last part is 45 steps to the top to a gate that we pass through before doing the last 39 steps to our landing. The nice part is you can eat and drink as much as you wish. It will all be burned off by the time you reach the top.

No comments: