Friday, January 8, 2010

Tranquility Base

Friends,

Life continues good in Mexico. Life as settled into a routine. We alternate days between practical chores and errands to a day at the beach. However, the weather has continued cool and, in fact, this morning I am writing this while wearing a long-sleeved shirt, for the first time since our arrival.

Our days start with a cup of coffee and a peak at the NY Times on line. I don't want to much of the world, but I do like to make sure it is still there. I have been walking for an hour each morning. Actually, yesterday, was perhaps the highlight of all much junkets in and around the town. As I was coming down the street in the older, very Mexican part of the town, a quite tall, very curvaceous woman, wearing very high heels, tight jeans and a tight clinging dress over the jeans, along with some very Sophia Loren style sun glasses. As I passed her, she just reached over and grabbed my crotch! Apparently it was the latest in marketing techniques. Unfortunately, I was just so surprised that I just kept on walking, failing to turn around and see what might have been the next step in the "sales pitch"! Darn.

Anyway, life goes on. Last night we returned to Candela, originally just for a glass of wine, but we ended up staying and have a pizza. All was excellent and it is such a lovely place to sit of an evening, that we made that our only stop of the night. I keep threatening to have a real Mexican meal, but we keep getting side-tracked. We are finding some wonderful shrimp ceviche and guacamole at the Ley mercado that the need for other has been less important.

We have been reading and I do recommend a wacky little book called Parisites Like Us by Adam Johnson. Polley very much enjoyed both The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. I am about 3/4's thru The People of the Book. Also very engaging.

So, nothing of real note, but we are enjoying the apartment (although we were told we might move back to our old place as some changes are going on in the various apartment - stay tuned for pictures of me doing dishes in the shower again!) More on that to come. Best to all for the New Year.

Ed and Polley

No comments: