Friday, October 10, 2014

All Good Things Must end

Dear Friends and Family,

I will make this short, but, hopefully, sweet. We (actually me, as Polley waits until quite late) are beginning to pack. Deciding what to transport, what to discard. It has been a good trip, but we both admit to being a bit homesick. So, tomorrow, we begin the nearly 30 hour journey.

As I awike this morning, I reflected on some memories of the last couple of weeks. There is Polley's sudden fondness for hats

And, of course, her never ending fondness for cats

A photo taken on on of our colder mornings! I will also never forget the thunderstorm a couple of days ago and the loudest crack of thunder I have ever experienced. It was right on top of us. Amazing!

We got another little road trip in yesterday, going to the town of Ancient Epidavros, right on the coast, but not far from the classic Greek theatre

As you can tell, the good weather returned for our last couple of days here. We enjoyed sunshine and some wine beside the harbor

We also have continued to enjoy meals at Arcadia. I have eaten through the whole Greek menu and am looking forward to the best of it at lunch today.

So, I guess that is it. Many thanks to those who have followed along and to those of you who have respinded occassionally a special thank you. It is nice to know you are there. We, I am sure, will see all of you in the next 7 weeks before heading off for Mexico. My last words are simply, "Don't call too early on Sunday.

Love to all,

Ed and Polley

 

No comments: