Thursday, April 16, 2015

With Tax Season Behind Us

Dear Friends and Family,

Little to really report, but I was aware of that infamous date yesterday, despite having filed (thanks to good friend, Will Price) several weeks ago. While it is a significant date in the US, it also seems to be an important date here in PV. YOu have a real sense the Season is over! It has become noticeably quieter. Some restaurants have closed. There are no lines at the grocery store and walking the Malécon is almost lonely. The familiar faces you see (not people you truly know, but you pass each other on a daily basis) are missing. They are all gone and the town now seems to be ours!

We continue to enjoy the new place. I mentioned our gaining a cat, Kira. The result of that is that I have yet to get a good picture of our spacious bedroom since she seems to be a constant addition to our bed and it becomes impossible to get the bed made. Also, because the only true light in the room is through two sets of very tall (I would guess 9-10 feet) double doors, out of which you don't want her to escape, I am unable to get adequate light for a representative shot. So that photo will have to wait. However, I did get this shot of the kitchen

The problem with photographing this place is that the rooms are so large you can't get back far enough to get the whole room in the frame. They recently put in a new range, so we have been doing a bit of cooking, soups, risottos. Things we make from our left over rotisserie chicken from Pollo Feliz. The owners were obviously cooks so the kitchen is equipped with about every pot, pan and utensil you could desire. Or course, there is rarely a lid that fits the existing pots, but it is hard to complain.

As you can see, behind the kitchen is one of two little courtyards.

With it comes, of course, responsibility for the plants. Yesterday morning was taken up with a good deal of watering. The second court yard, while similar, is primarily a space for hanging clothes to dry. The place comes with a washing machine, however, we prefer to take them down the street to the lavanderĂ­a. It is not so much cost, as I enjoy another opportunity to connect with the Mexican population. The gal there now knows my name and each week I learn a phrase or two as she rattles away in Spanish without pause. I just hang on for dear life, smile and shake my head.

The weather continues to be delightful, however, I am sure it is too hot for many. That is largely what bringss the season to an end. It has not been particularly humid. And I thought we were here for the warmth!

Otherwise, life moves rather slowly. Lots of reading, a bit of strolling about, but little very dramatic. As I said in my last posting, this new place truly feels like you are just living in a Mexican neighborhood and you are a part of the action (or lack thereof). No complaints, from this end at all. I promise more soon, but I may have a difficutl providing different.!

 

No comments: