Thursday, January 19, 2012

Good Days and Bad Days

Faithful Readers,

Sorry for the one day absence, but my ailment leaves me with good days and bad days. Yesterday as not very good. Actually, that is only partially true. We did make it down the hill in a record-setting two rest stops and had a nice lunch with our friends at La Fuente. They are such a nice staff and genuinely seem to be having a good time. I am aware of how many people return year after year to see the waiters, especially Jose, who treats us so well. He has now gone to including Polley's white wine in the two-for-one happy hour. Not normally of the offerings. For what appears to be a very touristy spot, they have wonderful food. We just had the guacamole yesterday and some very simple quesadillas today.

Last night we returned to El Patio es mi Casa (the old Candela) for some wine. Our sphere of travel is still very limited. Down the hill one way, or down the hill the other. That is about the extent for now. However, at the invitation of Ray and Mary Anne Sander, friends from Victoria, we will work our way down the hill, catch a cab and join them a Nacho Daddy's for some too loud music and too large portions. We call Ray and Mary Anne the dancing couple, as they love to dance and do it so well. Two people who seem to enjoy life and each other.

Polley reminds me that each day does get a little better. The climb up from El Patio was very painful and I had a difficult time sleeping, so, naturally, I was a little depressed. AS an active person and devoted walker, this is difficult. I also need to remind myself that we have only been here 3 full days. My goal is to be back to normal by Polley's birthday, February 14th. We will see. Staying active as much as possible does seem to help so I might make it.

I sincerely wish I had more to report than simple trips down the hill and back up. The weather has been lovely, a bit overcast at times and by some standards a bit humid, but it has been warm and very comfortable. It has to be better than what I have been reading about Portland. I will let this go for now as we will betrying our next adventure. I will report on that tomorrow. Stay warm and dry.

Ed and Polley

No comments: