Tuesday, October 29, 2013

When Will These Folks Do Something!

One and all,

Well, it certainly wasn't the last two days! As the weather has become more bearable, we have fallen into a glorious routine. We are making a concerted effort to "beach it" everyday. Yesterday, in fact, I had a Mexican tour guide that we have seen for years come up to me to "compare tans!" I didn't win, but he gave me kudos for a valiant effort. Of course, he had a head start, he's Mexican! While I tell this story, I am aware that I will not be including my dematologist in this particular blog.

For those of you looking to Mexico, I can now report that I would not recommend arriving down here any earlier than the 15th of October. We have met a number of "regulars" recently who look for sometime after the 20th. These last two days have really been lovely -- and with very few people.

This view is looking north from our regular place in the chairs at Langosta Loca. Skies have become clear and there is just a slight breeze to keep the humidity down. That last ingredient was missing when we first arrived.

This is the other direction. You can just barely make out the new pier (new last season) in the distance. The point is the weather is great and there are still very few people around.

We did get out to dinner last night. We tried a new place, very Mexican, called San Lucas. During our entire 90 minute dinner, we were the only ones in the place. As we left, thankfully for the staff, another couple made there way up the stairs. We had a garlic shrimp dish that was very good.

Beyond the beach and watching sunset and drinking a little wine, at least one margarita a day, "to keep the doctor away, it has been the sun and our books. I finished the Wally Lamb book, "She's Come Undone," which he actually wrote 20 years ago. Polley has polished off the 800 page Booker Award winner, "The Luminaries, the sage of New Zealanders written by a 28 year-old woman. I am into it now and it is very good. Polley has started the hot new mystery, "The Goldfinch," by Donna Tartt. Every critic has been raving about this, and it must be good, because Polley is into her Kindle if I allow even the briefest of pauses in conversation!

I did mention that we met a fellow who lives just down the hill from us. Dennis is his name. Very nice fellow and absolute fluent in Spanish. Anyway, he had informed us that he lived where the new mural was being painted. Yesterday, we strolled by. It is nearly complete.

It seem to be a nod to Mexico's past.

I have not run across him recently to ask him whose design it was, his or the artists. Anyway, it is right next to the dramatic white bridge and certainly adds a bit of color to the neighborhood.

So, I think that is about it. Not much action; it may not make exciting reading, but it is a great way to live. Hope all is well at home. We are now just a couple of weeks from returning. As always, we will be ready to revisit friends and family. More dull reading soon!

 

No comments: