Saturday, March 16, 2013

Same O, Same O

Dear Friends and Family,

 

I have picked up a bit of a cold, so I am going to keep this rather short and sweet. Our Friday was pretty much the same, with nearly no responsibilities. What we call an "ideal day."

Did have a bit of fun on my walk. First, I needed to maneuver around a lady and her 5 dachshund puppies.

Very cute, but rather a menace for those others of us using the Malécon

The, as I approached the famous Puerto Vallarta arches, it was another large kiddie gathering. I am not sure what was going on, but children were dressed up and dancing for the large crowd at the amphitheater. Some kids were in costume, but ALL of their bikes were dressed for the event.

Very tricked out!

There is nearly always something going on in PV, either in the main square, at the church, or on the Malécon, both day and night. While there, I came across some ladies in more or less traditional dress. I got this lady to pose for me.

The remainder of the day was typical. We saw Arturo at Langosta's. We had not been aware of it, but he was developing cataracts. His American family became aware of it and sent him the money to have surgery. He was out for a number of days, but had returned, still in some pain, but with the problem solved.

We stopped for a margarita at La Fuente. We had a hilarious moment that we were able to share with the staff there. Some American high school kids, apparently on break, asked a waiter for what he heard as "El Baño (the bathroom)," so he sent them in that direction. They went, but immediately returned and explained that they needed "El Baño," you know, where you can change money. They meant "El Banco." It became the running joke for the next 20 minutes.

We lunched in and rested, as the cold was beginning to move in on me big time. Polley and I did make it down to Roberto's for sunset. There was a fellow there having "red wine and toast!" I wandered over and told him, "that was my idea of breakfast!"

The sunset started out quick dramatic, then sort of diminished, but came back very nicely at the end.

We stopped on our way up the hill for "una cervaza" at El Patio, but I was pretty done in so it was some tequila for medicinal purposes and on to bed. Tomorrow night we are bringing our Georgia friends to El Patio after watching the sun go down at Cheeky Monkey. The early part of the day will be devoted to ridding myself of this cold. Missing you all and beginning to think of home.

 

No comments: